Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has opened the applications for the parents’ sponsorship program in Canada 2022. Canada immigration announced that they will take the application from the 2020 sponsor pool. The total invitation target this year is 23,100. IRCC will not open a new interest to sponsor form in 2022.
IRCC will issue the invitation to eligible candidates over the next two weeks. They select the application from the 2020 sponsor pool. The people who show interest in the sponsorship program 2020. But they did not select at that time. IRCC said that 155,000 sponsors were remaining in the pool for 2020. Although, they will select only 23,100 applications.
You can apply under this program if
- you live in Canada
- you got the invitation
- you are at least 18 years old
- you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- you have to show that you have enough money, and you will have to provide proof of income. To meet the eligibility of income you can also use your spouse’s income.
If you live in Quebec
The residents who live in Quebec want to apply for this program because their income is assessed by Quebec’s immigration. You have honored your financial obligations. The other requirements for Quebec residents are the same as other Canadians.
If you sponsor your family members, then you need to provide financial support to sponsored members for 10 years of commitment for Quebec residents and 20 years of commitment for all other Canadian provinces.
Invitations to Apply
IRCC sends invitations to you by email. If you are invited to apply, make sure you don’t miss the invitation:
- Check the same email account you used on your 2020 interest to sponsor form.
- Check your junk mail or spam folder to see if an email from us is there.
Who can sponsor under the PGP
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption. You can sponsor your family members such as grandparents, parents, brothers & sisters. You can sponsor your mother and father as a couple. You can also sponsor one of them. It depends upon your income.
If your brother and sister are under 22, then you can sponsor your sibling with your parents. But you need to show more income if you want to sponsor them.
You can sponsor your stepmother and father. In this case, your father will be the main applicant not your stepmother, and vice versa.
You can not sponsor your spouse’s parents and grandparents if meet the eligibility of this program.
Income Requirements for 2022
Here, is the new income requirements for PGP(Parents Grandparents Program) in 2022. You need to show the last 3 years’ income. For 2022, you need 2019, 2020, and 2021 CRA notice of assessment.
|Total number of people who sponsor||2019||2020||2021|
|If more than 7 people, for each additional |
The fee for the PGP(Parent’s Grandparents Program) is $1085. This fee is only for one application. If you submit two applications then pay this fee twice.
The processing time of PGP is 37 months. This processing time includes the time that the applicant needs to give the biometrics.
You must submit your application by 11:59 PM EST, December 24, 2022.
For the 2022 process, IRCC invites people from the remaining pool of potential sponsors who submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020. You will receive the invitation in the email.
Frequently Asked Question
When can I sponsor my parents to Canada 2022?
You can sponsor your parents once a year. In 2022, the IRCC will send invitations at the end of October 2022. If you got the invitation then you can submit your parent’s sponsorship and permanent residency application at the same time. The deadline for submitting the application is 11:59 PM EST, December 24, 2022.
How long does it take to get parents PR?
The new processing time for 2022 is 37 months to get parents PR in Canada. Due to the backlog of Canadian immigration, it takes too long for the sponsorship and PR application of parents.
Which documents are required for Canada PR for parents?
The document list for Canada PR for parents.
1. Medical exams
2. Police certificates
4. IMM 0008 form (General information)
5. IMM 5669 form (Background information)
6. IMM 5562 form (Additional information)
7. IMM 1344 form (Sponsorship agreement)
8. IMM 5409 form (Statutory declaration of common-law partner)
9. IMM 5748 form (income sources)
10. IMM 5768 form (Financial Evaluation)
Can I sponsor my mother to Canada PR?
Yes, you can sponsor your both parents mother and father together. If you meet the eligibility criteria of the PGP (Parents Grandparents Program) then you can submit the sponsorship and permanent residency application together.
Is it easy to bring parents to Canada?
Yes, it is easy to bring parents to Canada. You have two options to bring the parents to Canada.
1. Apply for a visitor visa for your parents
2. Sponsor your parents and grandparents under the PGP directly to get the PR of Canada. This program has income requirements. Firstly, you have enough income requirements in the last 3 years. Then you can apply to this program.